The creative side of my brain has been a little tweaky lately. Most likely overrun by the process of working on my business plan combined with the hectic schedule of a summertime nanny. So today when I woke up feeling inspired, I thought it wise to lasso those creative vibes and make a list of blog post ideas to carry me through the summer and beyond. And then it occurred to me that I should share it with all of you because... well because I can!
No offense to your pets. I'm sure your dog is cute and your cat does funny things but let's not use our furry friends as a crutch. ; ) Here are 101 blog post ideas for you to use however you would like.
1. Show us your mess!
2. Tell a story in pictures.
3. Read a random book and review it.
4. Start a collection and blog about it.
5. Build an outfit with $100 and make a Polyvore style collage.
6. Do a before and after post.
7. Take some self portraits.
8. Blog for a great cause.
9. Write a letter to someone who inspires you.
10. Write a letter to yourself.
11. Interview your favorite blogger.
12. Share old family photos and stories.
13. Blog an ode to your favorite era (like the 90's.)
14. Host a giveaway.
15. Start a blog hop.
16. Buy an old piece of furniture and refurbish it.
17. Don't hold back... share your wildest dreams.
18. Create a playlist of your favorite tunes.
19. Show us your movie collection.
20. Get thee to the kitchen (and make something good.)
21. Go on a day trip to somewhere you've never been.
22. A "Day in the Life of ____." It could be you, your kid, or anyone else.
23. Share one of your Pinterest boards.
24. Create your own "101 Things" list.
25. Go on a hike and take your camera.
26. Tell us about your favorite spot in your home.
27. Go somewhere new and tell us about the sights, sounds, smells, tastes and textures.
28. Share a favorite childhood memory.
29. Tell us about your town/city/state etc.
30. Pick a project from Pinterest and actually do it. (What a concept, right? Ha.)
31. Tell a funny story.
32. Write a how-to post.
33. Share links to some of your favorite posts on other blogs.
34. Pick a favorite blog and write about what makes it so great.
35. One question interviews.
36. Link back to some of your own best posts.
37. Brag about your kids, husband, wife etc.
38. Do a photo-an-hour post.
39. Tell us why you started blogging.
40. Share a behind-the-scenes post.
41. Blog a current trend in fashion, film or art.
42. Go people-watching and take pictures (in a non-creepy way.)
43. Update your blogs pages and let us know.
44. Vent about something (in a constructive, non-abusive or hateful way.)
45. Create a fun survey for your readers.
46. Share your opinion on something you care about (but do it with grace.)
47. Review a product.
48. Invite someone to write a guest post.
49. Pick a reader of the day/week/month etc. and feature them.
50. Introduce yourself and tell us your story.
51. Share your expertise.
52. Make a goal list.
53. Tell us what your perfect day would look like.
54. Update an old post with a fresh concept.
55. Try a craft you've never done.
56. Re-visit an old pass-time. (Like friendship bracelets!)
57. Create an online resource for something you know about.
58. Do a post inspired by a certain color.
59. Share some tips on a certain topic.
60. Tell us about a time you failed at something and what you learned from it.
61. Interview an interesting friend or family member.
62. Share a funny Youtube video, inspiring music video etc.
63. Pick your favorite artist and write about them.
64. If you could choose any career and be great at it, what would it be?
65. Get real and do an "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" post.
66. What's your favorite holiday?
67. Research that great thrifted find and tell us its history.
68. Capture the beauty in mundane, everyday things through photographs.
69. Create something and show it off (even if you think its crap.)
70. Weigh in on a hot topic (like the whole Pinterest dilemma etc.)
71. Highlight your favorite online shop.
72. Pick your top three favorite movies! (I know it's hard. You can do it.)
73. Tell us about your travels, stateside or international.
74. Share your love story.
75. Reminisce about an important moment.
76. Show us your favorite links that week.
77. Tell us what inspires you the most.
78. Three objects you would be lost without.
79. The obligatory "What's In My Bag" post. Dirty tissues and all.
80. Describe your personal style.
81. Show us your home decor style.
82. Pick a current trend and give us your take on it. Love it or hate it?
83. Be confident and tell us what makes you great!
84. Do a week-long series on something you love (i.e. Craft Week)
85. Create a mission statement for your blog and share it.
86. Make a list of tips for photography, blogging, business, etc.
87. Try writing a fictional story for a change.
88. Crowd source a post via Twitter by asking a question and compiling the answers.
89. Make a video blog (and just be yourself!)
90. "Things I Learned From ______" (i.e. being a mom, starting a business etc.)
91. Have design skills? Create an infographic.
92. What are your guilty pleasures?
93. Top three sites you visit every single day and why.
94. Pick an inspiring quote that has impacted you.
95. Write an encouraging, empowering post to uplift others.
96. Dedicate a post to your BFF or favorite person.
97. "Unplug" for a day, cutting off use of all electronics and then share what it was like.
98. Create some sort of free printable for people to have.
99. Curate an Etsy treasury and support handmade.
100. Show us where you work or create.
101. Okay, okay... go ahead and do a pet post. I like cute furry things as much as the next girl. : )
I hope this list is helpful for all of you. I realize that most of these ideas aren't 100% original but hopefully they will help you create some new, different, interesting content for your blog! Feel free to pin, tweet or share this post as much as you like... but as always, make sure you properly link it back here. Thanks friends and happy blogging!